The rings come in *very* finite amounts, four in total, but can be retrieved anytime:
- Two can be obtained from trading LEXICONS (Books of the Dead) with a mage named Badista in the City of Valna, located in the Charlom District.
- Another can be found by revisiting Powant Noal in the Antanjyl region after recruiting Galf, along with a BLOOD (Blood Kiss) and a STAFF (Undead Staff).
- Another can be traded with a wizard at Dallu Sarram for a JEWEL (Dragon's Jewel) by revising Shiguld after defeating the region's boss. If the player has already sold the jewel, it can be bought back frm Toad at Kalishin for 150.000G.
Beside some minor rumors for the convenience of the player, the Ring of the Dead lacks any particular story importance.
|PSX Name||Undead Ring|
|SNES Full Name||Undead Ring|
|Sell Price||15000 Goth|
|Stage Found||Sharom Border, Antanjyl, Shiguld|
|PSX Description||"Ring of the undead. Use it on a Sorcerer and..."|
|SNES Description||"By using this on a Necromancer he joins the undead."|
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (SNES/PS) Edit
To use the ring, the unit must fulfill the requirements and die in combat with the ring equipped. Note that it must be either a Story Battle or a Random Encounter, as Training Mode doesn't count.
For an unit to successfully class into Lich, they must have 118 MP, 134 INT, Chaotic ALI, and can be either male or female. Additionally, Liches are considered dead for story purposes, such being the case of any converted special characters, while Alphonse is completely barred from classing due to the death requirement, so players should be very careful with using the ring for stat bonuses.
It must be noted that Rings of the Dead come in *very* finite quantities, and are too easily missable. They can only be found in the following locations:
- As buried treasure at Ostorea Crypt (Story Path A/B)
- By clearing Rebanada (refuse Saia while Lobelia is not in the party)
- Dropped by a Daemon at Harmonia (Story Path A/B)
Other than this, the Ring of the Dead doesn't have any particular story importance or mention.
The Siren class is a recommended candidate for Lich conversion.
|Ring of the Dead|
|Ring granting immortality (Bane).||INT +8, SPLL DEF +10||+0.0||None||Transmigrate into Lich||40G|