The Order of Philaha (also known as Filaha Order in the SNES/PS version) is a religious order in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. The chief religion of Valeria, they are an autonomous organization that holds considerable political power and support in the kingdom, and as a result they become involved (directly or indirectly) in the Heim Conflict. They worship the Great Father Philaha, his elemental daughters and his heavenly servants.
The Order's focus on politics became a controversial matter amongst the clergy, some of which feared the order would shift into politics instead of faith. Following the ousting of Archiereus Mreuva and the ascention of Bishop Brantyn, many followers defected to the Bakram Kingdom or Valerian Liberation Front, or simply abandoned the faith; the most notable example are Mreuva's daughters, with the sole exception of Olivya.
During Chapter 4, the Order officially recognizes Versalia Oberyth (if she lives) or Denam Morne (if Versalia dies) as heir or Valeria. As King Dorgalua was a devout of the Order, and they have the support of the peasant and noble castes, Versalia becomes easily accepted as ruler, though Denam may need to put some effort on his public reputation...
At the end of the Heim Conflict, with the death of Bishop Brantyn and return of Mreuva Phoraena, it's likely that the former Archiereus had retaken his position as leader of the faith.
The Order is directly based off Christianity, from their monotheistic faith in a "Father God" and heavenly servants (angels), to hierarchy and respective titles, and costumes and habits. The hierarchy used in the PSP version is instead based on that of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
Notable Members Edit
Current Members Edit
- Clerics - playable generic class.
- Exorcists - playable generic class in the SNES/PS version.
- Priests - playable generic class in the SNES/PS version.
- Olivya Phoraena - high-ranking Sibyl, joined Denam's Order.
- Donnalto Presance - Abuna, joined the Walister Resistance and later Denam's Order.
- Felicia Malxion - Sibyl, joined the Walister Resistance and, if Abuna Donnalto dies, Denam's Order.
- Oelias Obdilord - Sibyl, joined Denam's Order (Neutral route only).
- Brantyn Morne - Bishop, antagonist and regent of the Bakram-Valerian Kingdom.
- Gousin Blum - devout of the Order, slain by Denam on the Golborza Plain.
- Josephine Ysarc - Sibyl, slain by Denam in the ruined village of Vasque.
Former Members Edit
- Mreuva Phoraena - ousted by Brantyn Morne.
- Cerya Phoraena - defected and founded the Valerian Liberation Front.
- Sherri Phoraena - defected to the Bakram-Valerian Kingdom.
- Cistina Phoraena - defected to the Valerian Liberation Front.
- Prancet Morne - defected to hide his identity.
- Erig - defected to the Valerian Liberation Front.