Cursed Weapons are special unique items found in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP), replacing the SnapShot spell from the SNES/PS version. These can only be found inside the Palace of the Dead, wielded by specific enemies within the lower floors.
By themselves the Cursed Weapons are extremely weak. However they can be strengthened by permanently sacrificing a generic unit, the weapon's stats will be based on the sacrificed unit's stat calculated in the following manner:
- ATK = (Base STR + Base DEX) * 0.6
- DEF = (Base STR + Base VIT) * 0.6
- Added STR/VIT/DEX/AGIL/AVD/INT/MND/RES = 1/2 sacrificed unit's base stats
- Added HP/MP = 1/4 sacrificed unit's base HP/MP (capped at 50)
- RT = 1/2 sacrificed unit's current RT (rounded down)
- Damage type modifier (Crushing, Slashing or Piercing) = (Base STR + Base DEX) * 0.1
- Elemental affinity modifier = (Base INT + Base MND) * 0.1
- Racial bonus modifier = (Base VIT + Base AGI) * 0.1
Affinity and Bonus Edit
Weapon type is restricted to that which is available to each individual class. To turn your unit into a Cursed Weapon, find the base weapon, equip it, then select the weapon from the item menu on that unit's turn.
The actual damage type, elemental affinity and racial bonus are determined by the sacrificed unit's class. Any class has a chance to produce any element, but certain classes are predisposed towards certain elements. Each weapon will have one damage type, elemental affinity and racial bonus. Classes with two or more damage types or racial bonuses will assign one of them at random.
|Bow||2H||3~8||Floor 51||Blood Hunter (Male, Chaotic, Elev 5)|
|Floor 77||Blood Hunter (Male, Chaotic, Elev 22)|
|Blowgun||1H||3~4||Floor 54||Dark Stalker (Female, Chaotic, Elev 10)|
|Floor 78||Dark Stalker (Female, Chaotic, Elev 3)|
|Spear||2H||1~2||Floor 56||Blood Gavial (Chaotic, Elev 5)|
|Floor 95||Cannibal (Chaotic, Elev 22)|
|Instrument||2H||1||Floor 56||Boogie Man (Chaotic, Elev 4)|
|Floor 94||Boogie Man (Chaotic, Elev 14)|
|Sword (2H)||2H||1||Floor 58||Crimson Uhlan (Male, Chaotic, Elev 10)|
|Floor 92||Warrior (Zombie, Male, Neutral, Elev 12)|
|Sword (1H)||1H||1||Floor 59||Rune Fencer (Winged, Chaotic, Elev 12)|
|Floor 90||Shadow Knight (Male, Chaotic, Elev 9)|
|Axe||2H||1||Floor 60||Executioner (Female, Chaotic, Elev 14)|
|Floor 91||Executioner (Male, Chaotic, Elev 15)|
|Book||2H||1||Floor 61||Lore Master (Male, Chaotic, Elev 15)|
|Floor 91||Lore Master (Female, Chaotic, Elev 4)|
|Hammer||2H||1||Floor 63||Hoplite (Neutral, Elev 18)|
|Floor 81||Blood Gavial (Chaotic, Elev 12)|
|Dagger||1H||1||Floor 64||Banshee (Chaotic, Elev 9)|
|Floor 86||Grim Reaper (Female, Chaotic, Elev 11)|
|Katana (2H)||2H||1||Floor 70||Kill Seeker (Female, Chaotic, Elev 2)|
|Floor 88||Kill Seeker (Female, Chaotic, Elev 22)|
|Fists||2H||1||Floor 70||Warrior (Orc, Neutral, Elev 13)|
|Floor 93||Night Crow (Chaotic, Elev 14)|
|Cudgel||2H||1||Floor 72||Lich King (Male, Chaotic, Elev 16)|
|Floor 89||Witch Queen (Female, Chaotic, Elev 19)|
|Katana (1H)||1H||1||Floor 73||Dark Stalker (Male, Chaotic, Elev 13)|
|Floor 85||Dark Stalker (Male, Chaotic, Elev 6)|
|Fusil||2H||3~9||Floor 74||Sniper (Male, Elev 5)|
|Floor 83||Sniper (Female, Chaotic, Elev 8)|
|Whip||2H||1~2||Floor 74||Iron Fist (Female, Elev 5)|
|Floor 79||Iron Fist (Female, Chaotic, Elev 4)|
|Crossbow||2H||3~8||Floor 75||Blood Hunter (Female, Chaotic, Elev 11)|
|Floor 90||Blood Hunter (Female, Chaotic, Elev 4)|
- Only generic units can be sacrificed to become cursed weapons. Uniques and Semi-Uniques (anyone with a Warren Report entry) cannot be sacrificed.
- Weapons have standard class restrictions, but no level restrictions.
- Players can only have one of each type of Cursed Weapon at a time, copies will be sold automatically; this also applies even if one weapon has been strengthened by sacrifice already. To get another Cursed Weapon of the same type, the previous one must be sold first.
- Considering the above, 1H and 2H Swords/Katanas count as different weapon types. Also, regardless of class limits, classes who normally can only equip the 1H version of a weapon type are exempt of this rule in the case of Cursed Weapons (ex: Ninja can equip a Cursed Bow).
- Due to a programming bug concerning the damage calculation of Cursed Weapons, these can deal huge damage to obstacles and environmental blocks, usually one-shoting them.